Don’t have access to Tableau Desktop? You’ll be able to download Tableau Public to work through the course. It’s a free version of Tableau Desktop that allows you to do just about everything Tableau Desktop can do, with the exception of being unable to save your work locally. It is still more than enough to get your hands dirty and work through some exercises. Tableau Public works on Mac’s too!
ABOUT THE COURSE
Hello Data Gurus! If you’re looking for a complete, hands-on guide to learning Tableau Desktop 2019, look no further. By the end of the course you’ll have all the tools you need to begin creating beautiful enterprise ready dashboards, and take your career to the next level. The course is packed with hands on demos, project work, and everything is taught in a clear and entertaining way.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- What the Tableau Software lineup looks like, Key Terminology, why Tableau’s leading the pack in Data Visualization.
- How to connect, prep, join, and union your data using a variety of data sources…even blend data when a join is not possible.
- How to create all different types of Line Charts, Bar Charts, Maps, Sorting/Filtering your data, and more misc chart types.
- How to take your data and analytics career to the next level.
- How to design and deliver a professional, end-to-end solution using only a single file.
- Master of art of the possible when it comes to maximizing what dashboard real estate and including only what’s absolutely necessary to tell your story.
- How to utilize sheet swapping, viz in tooltips, reference lines, and parameters without introducing chart redundancy.
- Best practices with optimizing your dashboard layout to keep everything in order.
- Adding in color, padding, borders, fonts, axis tweaks, adjusting granularity, size, shape, and labels within your data visualizations.
- Best use of filters, filter application, usability tips, and troubleshooting.
- Use calculations like Level of Detail, date aggregations, concatenations, IF & case logic statements, measure aggregation, Tableau Calculations, and more.
By the end of this course, not only will you have developed an ENTIRE business intelligence tool from the ground up, but you will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these same concepts to your own real-world analyses (easily reference everything you create in the course).
No prior Tableau experience is required, but an understanding of data and reporting will be helpful.
Don’t have Tableau Desktop access? No problem! You should be able to follow along with this course using Tableau Public (there are some limitations).
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
- Downloadable project files
- Practical real-world Tableau exercises & quizzes
- 1-on-1 expert support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
See you in there!
-Rob (Founder, tableauhq & tableautrainghq)
|Section 1: Introduction to Tableau|
|Course Intro and Tableau Overview||FREE||00:09:00|
|Connecting to Data||00:10:00|
|Tableau Desktop Workspace Overview||00:04:00|
|Knowledge Check: Introduction||00:10:00|
|Section 2: Tableau Reference Guide (Hands On)|
|Getting Started and Exploring Line Charts||FREE||00:19:00|
|Sorting and Filtering||00:21:00|
|Joining Your Data||00:06:00|
|Stitching Data Together with Unions||00:03:00|
|Section 3: Course Project - You're Hired! (Hands On)|
|Introduction to the Course Project||FREE||00:04:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Creating a KPI Bar||00:22:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Top Section – State Map + Viz in Tooltip||00:13:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Top Section – KPI Trending – Sparklines||00:14:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Middle Section – Bar Chart and Scatter Plot||00:12:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Bottom Section – Table Heatmap (Dynamic)||00:16:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Filter Pane – Set Up and Optimization||00:12:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Adding a Logo (interactive tooltip)||00:07:00|
|Dashboard 1 – Sheet Swapping and Action Filters||00:11:00|
|Dashboard 2 – Intro and Top Section (Interactive Histograms)||00:13:00|
|Dashboard 2 – Bottom Section (Map, Treemap, Detail Table)||00:12:00|
|Dashboard 2 – Adjusting Campaign Levers and Analysis||00:06:00|
|Exporting and Sharing Your Dashboards and Data||00:05:00|
|Knowledge Check: Dashboard Analysis||00:10:00|